CLEARNING & FORWARDING AGENTS, IMPORTERS AND LOGISTICS PROVIDERS
Lombard Guarantee General & Commercial offers the full spectrum of guarantees required by Clearing and Forwarding Agents, Warehousemen and Transporters.
These Guarantees include:
- Customs and Deferment Guarantees
- Bonded Warehouse and Rental Guarantees
- National Consignor Bond Guarantees
- Temporary Import Bonds and Cross Border Guarantees
- Transnet National Ports Authority (TNPA)
- Transnet Port Terminals (TPT)
- Transnet Freight Rail (TFR)
- Airlines locally and internationally.
Our team prides itself on great knowledge of the industry. We also make it our business to stay up to speed with the latest regulatory and industry developments, and are active participants in relevant industry forums, such as the South African Association of Freight Forwarders (SAAFF) – ensuring our clients benefit from our informed expertise.
WHAT ARE LOGISTICS GUARANTEES?
Logistics Guarantees are offered as security to SARS Customs or the logistics suppliers in line with their policy. The guarantee usually states that if the client does not adhere to the terms as laid out by the beneficiary of the guarantee, the beneficiary can claim such payment against the guarantee. This could cover payment of deferment accounts, acquittals into a bonded warehouse or consignor bond, or for a credit line offered by Transnet for port usage.